Craigslist Pittsburgh – Job details
$21.44 – $23.55 an hour
Craigslist Pittsburgh – Full Job Description
- Must posses a valid Drivers License with no pattern of moving violations/accidents in either a personal or commercial vehicle.
- Must posses or be able to obtain a current DOT physical card.
- Must pass a company road test.
- Must meet Federal requirement of being 19 years of age or older.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports.
- Must have a desire to serve customers and support the Ward team at the service center.
- Must meet the Company’s minimum qualified drivers requirements, as defined by the Safety Department.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Must participate in random drug testing of all non-DOT employees.
Also, check Craigslist Denver – Leasing Professional Jobs
- Must be able to accurately read gauges and dials.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab using footholds and handholds.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are “Medium-Heavy”, as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 50 lbs., up to 40 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 70lbs. of force, up to 100 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 70lbs. of force, up to 100 feet
- Lifting – Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching (below shoulder), Standing: Occasional
- Reaching (shoulder or above), Sitting: Frequent
Also, check Permanent Work From Home Jobs
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Craigslist Pittsburgh JOB TITLE: Non-CDL Straight Truck Driver
REPORTS TO: Service Center Manager
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first by providing efficient and safe, claim-free pickup and delivery service. Develop and maintain good customer relations to grow our business. To exemplify Ward’s identity in the marketplace as a Pallet Expert.
tags: to find, find a job
Craigslist Pittsburgh – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain effective relationships between the Company and the customer.
- Perform pickup and delivery service on designated assignment within standards of the WEIMS system.
- When required, unload and load trailer, either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment. Properly perform task to assure safety and to prevent damage to cargo.
- Ensure all shipment paperwork (pro numbers, manifest, bills of lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments are properly completed and that appropriate paperwork accompanies each shipment when delivered.
- Reinforce marketing messages through daily conversations with customers. Work to understand and support targeted growth plans.
- Promote Ward’s identity in the marketplace as the Pallet Experts by wearing the professional uniform within the guidelines of Ward’s uniform policy.
- Demonstrate proper freight handling and blocking methods and effective use of pallet tools.
- Provide customers with claim-free handling of their freight while performing pickup and delivery service on designated assignment and within standards of the WEIMS system.
- Support Ward’s claim prevention process by working with O S & D investigator at service center to report any overage, shortage or damage at time of delivery. Offer feedback/suggestions on loading practices to dock supervisors to prevent potential damage to freight during P & D operation.
- Apply O S & D labels (provided in driver’s notebook) when appropriate.
- Maintain safe driving record as required in P & D Manual – SAF 006.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices. Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclimate weather, or in tight loading dock areas. Perform pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspections on equipment. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately.
Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
- Ensure safe transport of hazardous material in compliance with federal regulations. Check for proper preparation of shipping papers and ensure papers and markings on freight agree. Ensure the vehicle is properly loaded and placarded.
- Promptly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment and any delays due to customers, breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or any irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of freight.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D. O. T. and Ward Trucking in a timely manner.
- Participate in random Non-DOT drug testing program.
- Maintain security of freight and equipment.
- Offer dock supervisors feedback/suggestions on delivery loading sequence of P & D units.
- Provide constant feedback to Dispatcher and/or Operations Manager on freight characteristics in support of Ward’s CBS system.
- Provide feedback to Customer Service Coordinator and proper Territory Sales Manager on specific customer concerns.
- Actively participate in driver meetings and driver sales huddle meetings providing managers with feedback on customers, work processes and the competition. Read internal newsletters such as the Inside Lane and Driving Force to stay abreast of what’s happening within the company.
- Using Nextel cellular phone, customer phones or pay phones, regularly communicate with Dispatch the status of pickups and deliveries and delays or other problems encountered at customer facilities or on the roadway.
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer experience. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
Frequently Asked Questions – Truck Driver Jobs
Q. How much does local box truck drivers make?
Ans: While ZipRecruiter is seeing hourly wages as high as $28.37 and as low as $9.86, the majority of BOX Truck Driver wages currently range between $14.90 (25th percentile) to $20.19 (75th percentile) across the United States.
Q. Does local truck driving pay good?
Ans: On average, local truck driving jobs pay less than the average OTR position. According to Ziprecruiter, local drivers in the United States earn an average of $51,355. Consider your personal budget and whether the finances work for you in the short and long term.
Q. How much does a local truck driver make per mile?
Ans: between 28 and 40 cents per mile
Q. What is a local truck driver?
Ans: Local truck drivers transport goods to and from specified locations within a designated geographic area. They ensure that goods are well-secured during transit and delivered to customers in a timely manner.
Q. How can I start a box truck with no money?
One method will work for some but not for others.
Commercial Truck Loans. If you don’t have thousands of dollars sitting around waiting to be used, a loan may be your best financing option
Lease to Own
Get a CDL
Do Your Paperwork
Secure Business Insurance
Q. Do local drivers need CDL?
Ans: For example, if your local truck job requires operating a vehicle or towing weight that is over 10,000 pounds, you will need a Class A license. Class C licenses are for smaller vehicles, including passenger vans and some delivery trucks. It is likely that most truck jobs will require a CDL.
Q. Can I be a local truck driver?
Ans: A person looking for work as a local truck driver generally needs to have a high school diploma or a GED and a valid class C commercial driving license, as well as a clean driving record. They should have good time management and be able to use forklifts, GPS systems, and hand trucks.
Q. How much do JB Hunt local drivers make?
Ans: The typical J.B. Hunt Transport Local Truck Driver salary is $28 per hour. Local Truck Driver salaries at J.B. Hunt Transport can range from $16 – $40 per hour
Q. How far do local truck drivers drive?
Ans: What is local trucking? Local trucking allows the driver to be home every night, which can be a real benefit to those with a family. The routes are local, typically within a 200 mile radius and consist of an 8-10 hour work day.
Q. What is the easiest trucking job?
Ans: Dry van trucking is the easiest type of trucking job to get. For one thing, the turnover rate is very high, leaving a revolving door of open jobs. It’s also not uncommon for mega carriers to have thousands of these in their fleets